Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prompt user to find file & return path as text???? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrStohler

Technical User
Feb 1, 2003
US
I looking for a macro that I can insert into an Excel file to lookup a file path and return the path as text.

Ideally, when the user activates the macro with a button click it would prompt the user, with a dialog box (similar to the "Open" file or "Save as" dialog boxes) to lookup the file (it could be anywhere on a LAN and its name and extension could be different for each user). Once the user selects the file it should place the full path of the file (including name and extension) in a cell as text.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

I did make several searches of this forum, but most of the replies relate to finding a specific file (I want the user to find the file with an interactive menu simlar to the "Open" dialog box) or an acitive woorkbook.

I wish to find the full path of a file that is selected by the Excel user.

Any thoughts

Something like the Application.GetOpenFilename method ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

PHV, THANK YOU

I knew that I was missing something obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back