Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

prompt to log on to server, prior to log onto enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmptrgreek

IS-IT--Management
Dec 29, 2004
US
I can view the admin launch page (CE10), but when I try to log in, I am prompted by a windows log on box.

when I remote into the actual server, I am able to function just fine.

its obviously something that has been tinkered with on the server, but where do I look?

Make sure the FQDN of the server is listed in the "Trusted" domains list in your Internet Explorer Settings. Specifically make sure that the “Automatically Logon with Current User Name and Password” setting is selecting. Internet Explorer will assume that Host names containing a "." belong in the "Internet Zone". The default settings for “Internet Zone” prevent Internet Explorer from sending the current windows login credentials to the remote IIS server. If the issue proves to be unrelated to Internet Explorer, then check the permissions on the sub web in IIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back