Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prompt Sorting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dideb

MIS
Dec 23, 2002
EG
Hello all,

I am developing a number of reports using full client then publish them on InfoView.
In the reports, I created several prompts. However, when I try to show the values of one of them, the list is displayed unsorted.
In the designer, I sorted the object being prompted (from the object's properties). Still the list is not sorted.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Diaa

Well, surprisingly the problem was solved by copying the .lov files from \mycluster\universes\efulmart to \mycluster\universe\universes\efulmart on the server.
It seems that the designer is working on a folder different from the one InfoView is reading from. Can't explain why...

You really shouldn't do the sort in the LOV. It's much slower.

There is a universe option on the Parameters tab: Force Sorted LOV. This is a better solution to this problem.

Steve Krandel
Symantec

Keep in mind that whenever you make chnages to an LOV in Designer (a.k.a. customizing an LOV) you must choose to EXPORT this LOV with the universe.

I was able to control the sorting of the prompt by using a number in the 1st position. For example Prompt "1. Select Customer Name" then "2. Select Invoice Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back