Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PROMPT order

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatPV

Programmer
Jul 10, 2003
IT
Hi all,
I'm working with promt, more than one. I have noticed that they aren't shown to the user in the extact order I put them in the query. Instead, they are shown in ascii order.
Is there a way to order them as I want? If no, please let me know, and I stop my research...
Thank you very much for help.
Bye, Natascia.

Are u talking about full client or web?

In WEBI, u can set the prompt order before you run the query.

Full client, and the version is 5.1.6.
Thank you for replying, Natascia.

No way that I know of other than numbering them so instead of

Select City
Select State

you would use
1: Select State
2: Select City

Rgds, Geoff
[blue]Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes![/blue]
Want the [red]best[/red] answers to your questions ? faq222-2244

It could be the best solution if I have only one report on that prompts. But I have different reports, showing different prompt (of different objects) so, for example, I would have:

1:XXXX
4:YYYY
9:ZZZZ

for one particular report.

Thank you for suggestion :) I should find another way...Nat.

But if you are creating the prompts IN the reports, then you only have to number them within the report. If they are universe prompts then yes, that would be extremely tricky

Rgds, Geoff
[blue]Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes![/blue]
Want the [red]best[/red] answers to your questions ? faq222-2244

Pat,

Its been there for quite a while... But hope BO does comeup with Prompt Ordering at report level like Mircostrategy... That would be great...

Sri

Thank you for replying, to all. So there isn't a solution if prompt are creted in the universe. I'll try to string order on the messages....
My regards, Natascia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back