Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prompt maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry15

Technical User
Jan 11, 2007
US
I have an Option 11C with several lines that play a message when they are answered; i.e., when a caller dials 307-5882, a message plays(that we re-record based on the need), then they are told that they can press "1" to be directed to a certain person. Currently the "1" sends them to DN 5907. I'd like to change that to DN 5870. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.

Do you have call pilot or meridian mail? The changes have to be made in your voicemail system.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

We have Call Pilot, but I was under the impression that this feature was in the PBX; I could be mistaken. When I want to re-record the message, I have to dial 5889 (prompt maintenance), then enter an application ID and password.

5889 is the ptompt maint to your mail system, probably Mermail.

Mato' Was'aka

Terry15..are you sure it says prompt maint or voice item
maint. voice item maint is callpilot and the change
would have to done on a computer with application
builder loaded on it.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

strmwalker, you are correct; 5889 says "voice item maintenance".
I have Application Builder loaded on my PC, but I have never used it. When I bring it up, on the "system" line, it says "new system". If I select "add system" & enter the IP address of the Call Pilot server, I get a message "unable to resolve the name of this server from DNS", and it never connects.

Terry15...you must be on the clan i order to use
appbuilder or plugged into the hub on elan.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

strmwalker - thanks - I will follow up on that

Application builder uses the computer name of the CallPilot server even though you entered the IP address. It resolves the name somehow. You either need to have the computer name of your CallPilot added to your DNS server or you can modify your host table on the local machine.

if the name is not in your local dns server then you can't get there via the network.. either build a direct connect or talk to your network people

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

ping the IP address of the CP server from your PC. If you can't ping the IP address, you're not going to get there by name either, regardless of what you do with the DNS server.

very true, either way unless your the network guy, your going to need one

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thank you - you're all correct. I wasn't connected to the Call Pilot LAN; must be a configuration in my PC. I brought in another PC, and connected right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back