Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Promote BDC to PDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
How can we Promote Windows 2000 BDC to PDC?

BDC ??? PDC?? om win 2000
i think u need to build ur concepts first Kapil Aggarwal

Technical Director
Infovalley Interweb Pvt. Ltd.
Microsoft Certified System Engineer
visit
If u find the information provided here useful to u then let me know by clicking on the link below s-)

BDC ??? PDC?? on win 2000
i think u need to build ur concepts first Kapil Aggarwal

Technical Director
Infovalley Interweb Pvt. Ltd.
Microsoft Certified System Engineer
visit
If u find the information provided here useful to u then let me know by clicking on the link below s-)

Win2k does not support pdc or bdc. W2k server uses active directory, and all w2k servers running active directory are peers. You would run dcpromo from run command tp install active directory. Now if you want to convert a NT Domain to active directory, that is a different story.

Mark
mark@acsconsult.com

BDC TO PDC??????????

i agree there is no such thing as a PDC and a BDC anymore you just have DC and SDC knowen as Secondary Domain Controlers in 2k they are like the BDC but they are not like the BDC. if that was confuseing dont worry kinda confused me to. :)

sorry i was totally mistaken this with Windows NT as i dont work on Windows Enviroment much i usually work on Linux. I meant to say that we have two Advance Server. One is acting as Main server which authenticates all users STUDENTS & STAFF and one is acting as Backup, (U know when we gave the ip address of the main server in the DNS it will replicate all the users in the second server). Now we are Physically separating both Staff and Students. WE have one Advance server and we want to make the other one also acting as the advance server. I want the other Backup server to authenticate the users which is not currently authenticating. i hope u understand my problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back