Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Promise SuperTrak 6000 Compiling Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

whegge

IS-IT--Management
Jan 2, 2002
US
Does anyone have experience in compiling the driver for this IDE RAID controller? The instructions given with the card are not very descriptive.

I am trying to use this card on a RedHat 8.0 machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wes Hegge
SignalBlast

Could you please send me the SX6000 driver for RH8.
My email address is:

pedro.cardoso@mog-solutions.com

Thanks in advance

The need for these drivers is great! I do not know why Promise tech support does not know about these. I got them directly from them.

I have setup an ftp server with the Promise drivers.

ftp://ftp.signalblast.com/promisedrivers

There are 3 files. I only needed the SuperTrak-redhat8.0-1.34.0.1.tar.gz file but I included all 3 files that Promise sent me.

If you have any problems with this ftp server or the files let me know.

Wes Hegge
SignalBlast.Com, Inc.
e: whegge@signalblast.com
p: (815) 397-1700

Anybody have any advice on getting the sx6000 to work with Red Hat 9?

Sorry. I have not upgraded my systems to RH9. Not sure if I will do the systems that have the Promise card in them. Promise is not very good at getting drivers out quickly. Heck, as you can see by the posts here, Promise does not know they have RH8 drivers yet!

I have tried this driver and everytime I load it in the beginning of the installation, it begins to load the "pti_st" driver and then just hangs never finishes loading and the floppy light just stays on. I accidently left it this way over the weekend and it still did not load. I have used the driver from the links here in this forum and also a copy I got from promise. I have made several versions of the driver disk and have swaped out all hardware. I have tried everything accept a new SX6000 (which I don't have).

Any ideas anyone?? I am racking my brains out.

I have figured out my problem,

I threw in a spare SX6000 that I had in the shop and presto it worx just fine!! Turns out it was a defective SX6000.

Did anyone end up getting this working?

I have been able to get the card to work with a stock redhat 7.3 install, but I need to recompile the kernel to add support for a gigabit ethernet card - however when I recompile the kernel I cannot get the system to boot.

I have also tried kernel 2.4.21 with its native i2o support but I get wierd timeout messages and cant get to mount the root partition.

Can anyone suggest the easiest way to fix my problem? Does anyone have a list of what options/drivers to use to get the card to work with any kernel?

Your help is appreciated.

M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back