Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Promise SuperTrak 6000 Compiling Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

whegge

IS-IT--Management
Jan 2, 2002
US
Does anyone have experience in compiling the driver for this IDE RAID controller? The instructions given with the card are not very descriptive.

I am trying to use this card on a RedHat 8.0 machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wes Hegge
SignalBlast

im also having trouble with this card.
i have emailed tech support at promise
without much luck and emailed the ataraid list
at redhat, and some chap said basically its a hardware raid
controller, it should just work.

guess what ... it doesnt.

dont suppose that helps much, other than your not alone :->

Russ

Well just to let you know I just received an answer back from Promise tech support. I received 3 files. The source and 2 other files. If I am reading what he said correctly, one of the other 2 files has a RedHat 8.0 driver already compiled. I have not had a chance to test this yet though. I will be doing that tomorrow. I will let you know, sometime around noon central time.

Just an update....The files that I received from tech support were corrupt. Have asked to get them again or where I can download them from. Will post again once I have these files and have tested them out.

Wes

The drivers that I got from Promise tech support work. If anyone needs the drivers just leave me your email address and I will send them to you.

i would appreciate these drivers!

my mail is
russ.lunn@hcsltd.com

Cheers,

Russ

Hi,

I also need a driver for the SuperTrak SX6000 for RedHat 8, could you please send it to:
rd@beeeasy.dk

Cheers
Rene

I'd like the drivers for the SuperTrak SX6000 for RedHat 8. Could you send them to:

charlesw@equipoise.co.uk

Thanks,
Charles

Hi,
I've been trying to get the driver compiled into Redhat 8.0 for weeks.
Promise support was no help, am getting compile errors in pti_st.c. I'd greatly appreciate getting a copy of your files.
Thanks!!
-Rick (welch <at> great2go.com)

Hi,

I would like to get the driver too, also an How-To compile for a new / custom kernel.

greinick at filmakademie.de

Thanks!

Götz Reinicke

Hello Wes,

I also have the SuperTrack sx6000, and have had no luck compiling the current driver source supplied by Promise. I would appreciate a copy of the new dirver as well, thanks.
Redhat 8.

Steve Brown
sdbrown327@charter.net

Hi Whegge,

Can you plse email the drivers (.zip plse) for the promise raid and Redhat 8.0.

Thanx
Miguel

Miguel,

I would like to send you the files. Need email address first. :)

Wes

I would like this driver as well.

lientz at harvestsolutions dot com

Thanks,

Andy

I am in desperate need for a Red Hat 8.0 driver for my promise supertrack sx6000
If you would please e-mail me the drivers.
thornung@mvisions.com

Hi I could use that driver as well. Please sent it to me @electronm@hotmail.com

I DESPERATELY need the WORKING Red Hat Linux 8.0 drivers for the Promise SX6000 card. Can you please send them to me as well???

My email addresses are:

erussell@backserv.gsfc.nasa.gov

and

erussell@teamdtri.com

Thanks!!!

Edgar

I would like to have the driver as well. I am trying for more than a month now and it still doesn't work.

Can you please send the driver to:

m.zutt@students.uu.nl

Thanks very much

I'd really like the driver too, if you don't mind. dthorpe@liskeard-comm-coll.cornwall.sch.uk

I would like to have the driver as well. Would you please mail the driver to:

eejiangang@yahoo.com

Thanks very much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back