Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

promblems with installation of mq5.3 on laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

braindrain79

Programmer
May 15, 2006
US
i have tried to install mqseries 5.3 on my laptop many times by uninstalling and instaling but i could not rectify my listerners in my syatem are not working and my system config is gateway syatem 1.5mb ram and 100 gb hard drive could u guys plz help with my situation.
thanks in advance.

What is happening to the listener? Any FDC's being generated?

thx for the reply i dont know much abt fdc's my operating system is windows xp 2003 and i m going into mqservices and trying to refresh and they are in stopped mood and not running at all please help me what i shoud do i m preety much very new to the subject.i have even tried to restart the listeren by right clicking but they are,nt working.

i l appricate the reply.

it is showing the error whenever i m clicking the listerner and trying to start. the error is the services could not start the process is terminated with return code 20.

plz kindly reply i m new to this stuff im learning.

thx in advance

Check your OS, there is no such OS as "Windows XP 2003."
Did you install the server or client?
What are the steps you took to get to where you get the error?
What are you trying to do?

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

I m really very sorry of the oprating system which i wrote i thought i removed it but i forgot, anyway it is windows xp media center edition it is my personal laptop the problem is i m able to install 5.3but my listeners are never working i tried to restart but still not working.refreshed it tried to start but still not working.
plz need help
thx in advance.

baca burger could help me in fixing my laptop i will be greatfull im jus trying to learn new to this field .

thx in advance

Did you install the server or client?
What are the steps (installation) you took to get to where you get the error?
What are you trying to do?
Have you defined a queue manager and queue(s)?
Did you create an MQM group? Are you a member?

BocaBurger

i have a peculiar problem here we were testing our application we learned that some inherent latency in the replication of info about new queue manager when it enables queues which were previously disabled ,we witnessed that sending queue manager accumulated messages in the cluster transmit queue for abt 5 min until they were released and sent to the newly enabled queues on a contigency Qmgr.
my question is there is anyway we could manage this better or improve response time.

thanks in advance.

I have a problem in refrence to port i m trying to create queue managers which are running but the listeners are not working in the services it is in stop mode i tried running it by starting stopping and refreshing but the problem persists. it says the port ur using is being used by another application which ever number i m giving. can someone help me in refrence to that i checked in manage->eventviwer-> application it was showing this problem .

thx in advance.

How did you get from unable to install to unable to create running queue managers?

Check netstat -a to see what is using the port.

BocaBurger

i tried to check that can u help me to set the port it is using for tcp 1066 to 2010 is there a command to set it and make my queue manager listerner run.
thx for the valuable suggestion previous one.

The port is set when you create the queue. Are you using the GUI? If so, just edit the queue manager.

It would help if you answered the question asked so we know where you are at in your problem.

If you have a new question, you should start a new thread.

BocaBurger

actually it is the same question sorry for the late response bocaburger, The queue manager when im creating it in the gui 5.3 it is not making my listerner at the services end work and i have tried all the options by deleting refreshing then recreating etc..
but still doesnt work i have checked the ports being used no where it says it is using 1414 , i used some other ports hoping it will work but no,i used the command netstat -a it showed some ports no.'s the listerner was using but not the 1414.so i dont know how to fix it .can u help me in this pretext.
thx for the response .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back