Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proliant ML310 not detect SAS Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

markxus

Technical User
Sep 14, 2006
PE
Hello,
I have a HP PROLIANT ML310 G4 Server, and have two SAS Drives 146GB, 15K Rpm SAS (Model: DF146BB6C2),
From a new instalation neither with Windows Server 2008, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS or BIOS detect them,
you can see the image the type drives connection at:
[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.proyectcom.com/hdd_connection.jpg[/url]

When I START UP the CPU, There are 2 lights at HDD, 2 leds (1=bottom, 2=top), and the lights are in sequence: 1=green, 2=blue, 2=red, 1&2=OFF... and always kept OFF.

What I can do please for use the drives?
Thanks a lot.

When you press the function key to access the BIOS during boot, acan you see and select the drives in the choices there, or not ?
Also, from working with Proliant's back in the early Pentium days, are the drives you want to use on the supported list from HP ?
In those early days with Compaq Proliants, any added hardware had to come with an install disk or you couldn't use it. That was back in the days of EISA bus and SCSI drives, but there might still some brand-specific requirements.

Fred Wagner
(retired, but still involved!)

SAS is not supported except for machines with an integrated 8 port HBA, in PCIx slot 1. Or another approved raid adapter. From just the system board, support is SATA only. If you have a raid card installed, then you need to setup the logical drives in the raid adapter and you will not see any drives in BIOS, this is normal. Choose boot SCSI or HD0 to boot from the logical drive after it is created and an OS is setup, For Linux, you must download the drivers on floppy and install during the OS setup. You can read more about this server from HP here.

Thanks Guys,
In this moment I trying whit CD/DVD Hp Service Pack for update bios with CP020187.scexe About reading that... I'm not sure if I have to install the cpxxxx.scexe or xxxxx.rpm file type.
I want install UBUNTU LTS 14.04 in this PROLIANT ML310 G4, but en hp web i can only found support for RED HAT and others Linux and Windows, can you tell me what way I can do?
In these link, is what I am needing?

Try the HP/compaq server forum forum458. This is a general hardware forum, and I for one do not know enough about Linux to help you, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back