Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proliant 850r Windows 2000 Server Installation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a Proliant 850r 2 x 200 Pentium Pro w/256 MB RAM and 2 x 9.1 GB SCSI drives. I have updated to the most recently available ROMpaq. Everything checks out fine while booting. BUT, upon trying to install Windows 2000 Server I keep receiving the same error message:

File i386\biosinfo.inf could not be loaded
Set up error code 8192.

Bioinfo.inf has to do with APM/ACPI issues. Is there anything that I can do to get around this? I assume the problem has to do with the dual cpu's and the APM/ACPI features of Windows 2000.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Tommy

Yes I am using SmartStart ..... Do you believe there may be an issue if it doesn't give me the option to install Windows 2000 in the "Install OS" menu or is it typical that I should have to select other?

You must have an old version of Smartstart. Version 5.3 is the latest.

Correct, the ss cd is probably old, but you can still use it with a manual install on the smart start cd, choosing "other" in the o/s selection field. When you get a chance you can upgraded the System Configuration Utility and then change the o/s. The error originally though looks to be o/s related. make sure you are installing with the minimum config, mem, cpu etc. no pci cards except array controller etc.

HELLO I have a compaq proliant 2000 rack mount server 128megs ram dul pentium capable single pentium 66 cpu 4.3 gig scsi hotswap hard drive cd-rom ethernet network interface. What i would like to know is what does it do. and whats it good for?What kind of applications can i use this equipment for ,remeber that i am a beginer,and I must start somewhere.Any ideas?
davss1@msn.com please reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back