Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proliant 800 - Will not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruiser37

Technical User
Mar 10, 2006
CA
Hi,

I got a Proliant 800 from work that had been sitting idle for a couple of months, and the following happens:

-It turns on with all lights on as normal
-It checks the memory correctly
-It lists the one processor in the system
-Then, I get an error "A critical error occured prior to this power-up" (shows for about 1 second)
-The machine then goes to a black screen which flashes a white colour really quickly and is brightest about 1/4 of the way down the screen.

I checked the memory (removed 1 pair, then the other), checked all the storage connections, and tried to boot to the floppy to do a Diagnostic, but it doesn't even get so far as booting.

Thanks for any help in advance!!

James

Hi Everyone,

I have managed to get it going. I had a defective jumper on my primary SCSI drive. I have never heard or seen it before!!!!

Thanks,
James

hey cruiser thanks alot for posting your solution most people never do and it is very helpfull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back