Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proliant 6400R, SmartStart 5.50 & WEBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayF

Technical User
Dec 21, 2001
NL
Hi All,

I re-installed a proliant 6400R using smartstart 5.50 and the temperature sensordata is no longer visible in Web Management ( It seems some agent doesn't recognize the temperature sensors.

This did work when I installed the server with smartstart 4.90. I could see the temperature of several parts within the proliant and I could also set warning thresholds.

Which agent is responsible for detecting the temperature sensors and retrieving the temperature values ?

Ray

Have you got the latest version of smartstart?

i thought it was 6.mumble, i thought i had seen a 6.10 and that was some time ago!

G

I have the latest smartstart that can be used for a Proliant 6400R (according to Compaq/HP website). Anything above 5.50 won't install, I tried.

The weird part here is that 5.50 doesn't recognize the temp.sensors and a previous version (4.90) does...

Ray

I think 5.x and above introduced a new version of the System Management driver which I believe does the interpretation of these kinds of things. Perhaps they have changed the sensing code somehow to fit the newer servers.

However I am running v6.40 agents on a PL6500 PII Xeon which is the closest I have to a 6400R and it is picking up the temps ok. Can't set a threshold but can set whether server continues or powers down when too hot.

Try updating the agents, you can't install the server with a 6.x cd but you can install the agents from one after the fact.
Also kind of an out there idea but have you tried updating the firmware?

Neill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back