Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proliant 5500 Firmware will not upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 23, 2002
US
I have a Proliant 5500 P12 (I know, I know - get rid of it! But I can't). The firmware is from 4/99, and I suspect it's causing us some problems. I'm trying to upgrade the firmware, but when I try I get "This software does not need to be installed on this system." I've tried with SmartStart 5.4, and with the drivers from the HP website.

No matter what I do, it will not upgrade the firmware. I don't see anywhere in System Configuration to lock the firmware, or anything like that.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Have you tried "revving" back to an older version of the firmware and then applying this new firmware. I recall having a similar situation a couple of years ago.

Are you sure you use the right firmware..

If you got a firmware version from 4/99 you are probably using a pentium-pro or PII 300 version..
Which is not the P12 system..

there was no PII300 version of the 5500. There was a common bios of the 66Mhz FSB, and a different one for the 100Mhz FSB 3000/5500, which is what you may be thinking of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back