Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proliant 3000 vs. HP LH3 advice Request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackcat

MIS
Dec 6, 1998
US
Does anyone have experiance with both or either of these Servers? I currently have a Proliant 1500 and its been good. Concerns are for the future and growth. Currently have 20 clients and am moving towards 40 with WEB access/hosting in mind. I realize they are both probably overkill for me at this time. Any thoughts?

According to Compaq the current 3000 models are being discontinued, so you can get a good deal right now. They will announce new Xeon models next year.

Well Compaq is axing the 3000 because they are still highly parallel processing.....and&nbsp;&nbsp;most of the server world is smp.....Depends on what ur looking for...Compaq is cutting up their servers line between rack mount models and non rack mount models..<br><br>I like the ml370 for pedestal and the dl380 for rack.....both r formerly Proliant 1600's <br>The proliant 16000 was one the most reliable, fault tolerent servers&nbsp;&nbsp;on the market today.Both ML and DL r still&nbsp;&nbsp;dual smp...If u need quad proc's look at the&nbsp;&nbsp;5500 or the 6400.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back