Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proliant 3000 no boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

focusdchaos

Technical User
Mar 10, 2003
US
I have a Proliant 3000 with 100mhz FSB board, that won't boot. The only sign of life it gives, is a little orange LED near the center of the board, just below the PCI slots.

Anyone have any idea what this could be, or know where I can find a trouble shooting manual?

Firstly, ensure that your processor(s) and memory are seated correctly. Does this unit have multiple power supplies? If so, plug them all in. -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Yes, both processors are in completly, as is RAM and VRMs.

I have only one PSU.

I've tried the system with known good CPU and CPU terminator. Still no boot, just orange LED on board.

Any ideas?

I have tried the board with the CPU and VRM from the board it is replacing, a 300mhz PII, with Compaq VRM Spare # 299306-001

Memory is Crucial CT32M72S4R7E, PC133 ECC Registered.

I originally tried the board with 2xPIII 550, and Compaq 157825-001 VRMs.

Jumper settings are correct as per the config diagram.

Must be bad board, no?

Do you have internal Hard disks or an external array.
Some of the Power supplies won't start up unless there is sufficient load (minimum 1HDD) if not then a dummy load card had to be fitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back