Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proliant 3000 F1 dialog

Status
Not open for further replies.

jensenc391

Technical User
Oct 26, 2006
US
How do I get the server to stop bringing up the F1 dialog during startup. I have used the SmartStart CD and haven't found the option to change that will get that dialog off.
Thanks,
Christian Jensen

Best thing to do would be to find out why it is bringing the F1 prompt up because when it does, it usually indicates that the server has an issue. Are there any error messages displayed during POST?

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"

TheLad is correct that you need to work out the cause of F1 coming up.

However if you are determined to turn it off here is how to do it.
Hit F10 at bootup to go into system config. At main screen hit Ctrl-A, this will turn on advanced mode.
One of the extra menu options you will now see is F1 configuration.

Neill

It doesn't show any errors. Thats why I'm asking. It does its normal post and then it comes up F1 to continue and then F10 to go into the partition utility which is non-existant.

Sounds like you need to set install an operating sytem using Smartstart.

Then the BIOS is not recognizing the partition. Smartstart does not show any hardware problems?

I am having a similar problem, but here is how I got there:

I am running a Proliant M370 with 4 Compaq 9GB SCSI drives. We added a Promise IDE Array controller with 2 IDE drives (approx. 240 GB each).

I did a complete system erase. Then I loaded the Smart Start CD and created the system partition and through the Smart Start Menu installed Windows 2000 Server.

Everything was working great until I went into Windows disk management and accidentally deleted the system partition on the SCSI drives. I started getting the "Press F1 To Continue" message.

I went back and recreated the system partition and attempted to install the System Utilities. However, I still get the "Press F1 to continue" and if I press F10 without the Smart Start CD in the drive, I get the error the System Administration utilities do not exist.

I am too far down the road of installing patches to Windows and installing software to start from scratch again.

Thanks,
Dan

Did you recreate the system partition manually or did you just run the SmartStart CD and let it do it for you? You should be able to delete whatever partition you have created and let the SmartStart disk find the free space and recreate its own and do the reinstall of the partition (as long as it does not do anything else destructive on the hard disks).

"Insert funny comment in here!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back