Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proliant 2500 Boot Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdee

Technical User
Dec 21, 2000
GB
I purchased the 2500 2nd-hand a month ago and i'm sure it was in working order. I bought it home and didn't switch it on until yesterday.

I connected a monitor, keyboard and mouse to it, then powered it up.

All i get is a flash of lights on the hard disks and a continuous flashing light on the tape drive. The fans are working and the power light is on. I get no signal on the monitor (I changed the monitor just in case but I still get the problem). There are no error beeps.

The only thing I can think of is that the server was in a slightly damp environment for a few days. But it has been at room temperature for over two weeks now.

Any ideas please ... I'm feeling VERY stuck!!??

Check the switch settings on the I/O frame that's where the PCI/ISA slots are it may of had a extra Video card and the main Video may have been disabled.

When you switch the power on check if there lights a red led on the systemboard. When it is check that the PPM (Processor Power module), the Processor, the Powercables and the memories are really in place.
When all of them are surely connected, remove them all and and place them a new time in the right way.
When it doen`t work, remove the memories and boot the server. When this works you have a problem with the memories.
Regards Tin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back