Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proliant 1600

Status
Not open for further replies.

newBPhoneGuy

Technical User
Dec 12, 2005
US
i have a proliant 1600 server that has 2 serial ports A and B. i have a phone system that i want to connect to the system. i want to use port A for a hyperterminal connection that captures a continous flow of data from the phone system. i want to make another connection to port B for remote admin on the phone system which i only need to log into every once in a while....i have both ports configured exactally the same but for some reason port B wont work.... is there something i need to configure in order to use both ports at the same time.

Both ports are the same. You must have an issue with your software setup. That is assuming that you have the server properly setup. You can use the smartstart setup CD to verify and/or change any settings. Version 5.5 of smartstart is the latest version that will work on that unit.

Phil

Com1 (Serial A) works on IRQ4 I/O 3F8 and Com2 (Serial B) works on IRQ3 I/O 2F8. Check to make sure that there is no conflict there first. Also, take a look at your Windows settings for the serial ports. Check also Windows Device Manager to ensure that the ports are indeed enabled

sorry guys thanks for the effort but i got this one solved already someone had one of the adapters wired backwards....... everythins is up and running now

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back