Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Project Web Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishkid

Technical User
May 4, 2007
ES
Hello,

is there a link between the Project Web Access page and a a project office workspace page? By this I mean if I create a project office workspace site collection, should I see it in the Project Web Access page?

Thanks

Anyone any idea on this or where I can find an answer?

I have set up a Project Server and PWA, then used it in conjunction with Project Professional 2007. However I am not sure I understand what you are asking enough to try to answer. What Project Office Workspace are you referring too? One that you can create in MOSS 2007?

JohnQTech

Ok let me try an explain the set up I have.

i created the PWA website which has the project center etc. I then created a new site collection using the Microsoft Office Project Workspace template and called is GERONIMO. So my question is, should I now see that project workspace (GERONIMO) in the Project Workspace section of my Project Web Access page?

Thanks

I am sorry but I can't remember for sure. I was going to reload our Project Server anyway, because some users were asking about its loss. I brought it down a while back to do some MOSS 2007 testing. If I can come up with anything helpful I will post it back.

JohnQTech

i didnt get what exactly you are asking
but i know that you can create a Web Access Page, and upload it on Sharepoint and simply use it

OK let me try and clarify my question. As far as I can see you can have your project information in the the following places:

- MS Project (which can connect and update with the Project Web Access)
- The Project Web Access (which from what I understand will show and update all projects)
- In Sharepoint you can create a project workspace from the default template.

It is this final one I have the problem with as I dontr know how to see that in teh Project Web acess page or MS project? Or is this simply a tandalone project which has no links anywhere else?

Hope this helps-

I do not believe that there is an inherent link between the two. Project Web Access and MS Project are made to go together and are a separate product. However if a user does not have PWA and MS Project 2007 is too much for a light project then the Project Workspace is the thing for that type of user. I was unable to find a way to link them, though there may be a way to do it using a program, but alas I am not a programmer.

JohnQTech

I found the solution. In the project Workspace simply edit the Tasks page and change the webpart to My Tasks (which is the one used in PWA) and it works exacylt as in PWA. I have been doing this for a few days and looks ok so far.

That is great! I'm copying that text over so I can do that as well. Thanks for the tip!

JohnQTech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back