Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Project to power point

Status
Not open for further replies.

amillia

Programmer
Nov 14, 2001
US
Basically I need to put the ghannt view in my project file in a power point presentation. Can anyone help me?

If you have the Ghant chart open on your screen. Then you should have a "print screen" button on your keyboards somewhere. Hit that. Next Open up a window of Paint (this should be in your programs menu, under accessories). Once that is open, right click on your mouse. And select paste. This should give you a screen shot of Microsoft Project. Within pain you can manipulate the screen however you see fit. Then you can right click again, select copy. Open the page in your powerpoint that you want it, right click on the page and paste. You can then size the screenshot to look like you want.

Or you could use the little camera icon on Project's Standard toolbar.

Here's what I do:

1. View | Gantt
2. Display the columns I want to see (usually ID, Name, Start, Finish) and the Gantt chart I want to see (setting the Timescale, for example, to something appropriate).
3. Click on the Name field of the first task I want on my PPT presentation.
4. Hold the shift key down and press the down arrow to select the tasks I want in the PPT slide. You can get about 30 tasks on a slide (depending on a variety of factors).
5. Click on the camera icon
6. Switch to PPT and paste.
7. RightMouseButton on the graphic and set the size and location as appropriate.

If you've got lots of predecessor/successor links you'll see that the PPT slide only shows links to tasks that are on the same slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back