Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Project Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

prosenjitbanerjee

Programmer
Nov 21, 2000
IN
Dear All.
I create a new project P1 with required Project settings say, PS1 save and close it.
No I create a second project P2 with required Project settings say, PS2.I save and close it.

Now I open project P1. The settings have changed to that of project P2.

It is really irritating. I have to save the settings in a text file for each project and set them again again after opening each project. Everyone says this cannot be avoided.

I am sure there has to be some way out.....

Please Please Please I require a solution to this...

Thanks In Advance

What version of VC++ are you working with? Your discription is NOT how version 5 and 6 work. Actually I don't remember any version of VC++ that worked that way.

-pete

Pete,
Version 6.0 . The settings that are automatically set by VC++ are not distrurbed in any project. Its the setting specific to a particlular project that gets cascaded to the other projects.

Please help.

Regards

Please provide an example of a setting that is disturbed, i.e., C++/C++ Language/Enable Run-Time Type Information

-pete

I guess there is a bug.I remeber same problem with a not registered version of VStudio.There where funny problems.I installed VStudio Service pack.I can not remeber the SP version.Try it yourself!

Like Pete says above, it depends on what setting you're talking about. If you are actually changing project settings, (off the Project tab) then they should be saved in your workspace file (i.e. PS1.dsw). If you are changing tools options (off the Tools tab) then they are saved in the registry and are changed for any project that you open.

Hope that helps!

Pat Gleason
gleason@megsinet.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back