Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

project management software

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian2318

Vendor
Oct 22, 2011
PH
What is the most affordable <a href=” rel=”nofollow”>project management software</a> software available today?

please post also the Software package to know more about the product.

Excel is absolutely Numero Uno. It's free because you already have it.

After that MS Project does all you need. Choose Open Workbemch if you want something free - and also very good.

I love Clarizen's task management software. There is a free trial that you can try. It's really worthwhile if you are managing multiple projects or one very big project as it has all the features you need built into one program. It's cloud based and SaaS, so you can access from anywhere, and that makes it really easy for members of a team to collaborate.

Check it out here
Excel is great for lists and numbers, but to manage a project efficiently, you are better off with custom built software.

I'm liking openproj so far. It's free, which is a really good thing. Not perfect, but it is helping me out.

It really depends on what you mean by affordable? You can get free or cheap software, but it doesn't mean it will do everything you want it to. If you can provide what you want the software to do exactly, I think that would help with finding you the best fit software.

In my opinion, using free software for professional cases is too dangerous. You can use your precious data rapidly and you'll not be able to get it back. I use PM Compass ( and I'm completely staisfied. It's value for money and I know that my data is secured. What is more, it provides me all features I had been looking for (I've tried it in 30 days free trial).

Hi ian2318,

Like most have mentioned so far, there are plenty of free options out there, but they may not meet your needs. For example, you have to think about compatibility with others in your team. What if the team you're working with would like your file to edit instead of a pdf? For this reason, an online option may be best. Paying the yearly or monthly fee will be worth it in the long run and should be apart of your overhead.

Generally speaking, Microsoft Project is great for creating project plans and milestones. Basecamp is great for everyday communication and file postings. JIRA is great for bug tracking and fixes once the project launches.

The Portal Group

Email is great for everyday communication. Windows Server is great for file postings. Excel is great for bug tracking although there is merit in the likes of Test Director/HP Quality Centre.

Basecamp etc are solutions looking for a problem.

Easy Time Management & Project Tracking Software

Advanced Time Reports is an intuitive project tracking & time management solution that will help you increase your billable hours by better managing all your projects, clients and working hours. Used by professionals and project-oriented businesses worldwide to perform essential functions such as timesheet reporting and project management. Plus, ATR implementation is very fast - it typically takes just a few minutes to setup. Get started with a free trial today, from creating time cards to using a work hours timer-And much more. Everything you're looking for in a project software at one stop!

ATR Professional If you need an advanced Time Tracking & Project Management solution with more reports and features, choose ATR Professional You will track your clients, projects and profits much better.

ATR Premier If you need to track expenses in addition to time tracking & project management with better team and project management options, choose ATR Premier It will help you manage and control your projects, expenses and profits.

ATR Web Professional If you need a 100% web-based Time Tracking & Project Management solution, choose ATR Web Professional Manage your projects, enter timesheets and create reports - all remotely from any place in the world.

ATR Web Premier If you need a 100% web-based Time Tracking & Project Management solution, choose ATR Web Premier It helps you manage your team, clients, projects, profits and expenses, multi-user schedules, approvals and Microsoft SQL Server support in one central database.

I agree - you can do a lot with Excel but professional solutions offer so many more functionalities. I've seen customers using Project Monitor. Developed by a French firm, now launched in UK. Good management of PORTFOLIOS, you can group them by category (i.e. spend, investment, product line, customer, region... ).
Management of milestones, budget, risks, resources, tasks...
The website includes a video clip :

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back