Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Project Management Software Options 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojo11

Programmer
Feb 2, 2003
US
We need to purchase some PM software.
A few years ago I was using Intersolv Tracker and I loved it. The latest version by Merant I am not so keen on. I am looking into Primavera Team Play. Does anyone have any ideas?
We really only need it for tracking bugs, documenting enhancements and additions to our software, and most usual PM things.

-------------------------------------------
When you have spent all day trying to work through a problem, it is best to take a step back, reevaluate the problem, then work on the next project and never let the old one show its ugly face again!!

You should be able to find something in either of these project management software directories:

- Windows based project management software
- Web based project management software/services

HTH!

Bernard Ertl
www.interplansystems.com - eTaskMaker project planning tool

Just an update:
I went with the latest version of Tracker which I got for 599 right from the company. It is much better than I thought it would be from the demo. We hooked it up to our SQL Server and the installatino was very simple. The best thing about it is its dynamic nature. I can add or edit any fields that I want and build custom reports for my custom fields as well.. Basically I can do anything I want to with it.

-------------------------------------------
When you have spent all day trying to work through a problem, it is best to take a step back, reevaluate the problem, then work on the next project and never let the old one show its ugly face again!!

It is important to recognize that all tools have their pluses and negatives. It is also important that we all look first at the problem and then to the tools we use to solve them.

Sometimes, we are surprosed to discover we just have the wrong hammer in our hands. What worked yesterday may or may not work today....and tomorrow.

dugger

It is important to recognize that all tools have their pluses and negatives. It is also important that we all look first at the problem and then to the tools we use to solve them.

Sometimes, we are surprised to discover we just have the wrong hammer in our hands. What worked yesterday may or may not work today....and tomorrow.

dugger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back