Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Project Management questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffhead

Technical User
Mar 28, 2011
US
I am trying to assist my friend who has an interview next week and has been asked to create a presentation on the following, would be interested to get others views.

not the easiest!!

1. How do you ensure that correct Project Governance is applied on small to medium projects?

2. The value of Project Management is not always appreciated by internal and external customers – what strategies would you employ to change this view?

3. How would you manage projects where insufficient Project Management time has been sold as part of the implementation?

My answers:
1. Use the template for Project Governance for a large project and determine which step(s) are not needed for the small or medium project. When you've decided, run this list past the Project Sponsor or Steering Committee to get their opinion/approval.
2. You could consider allowing a project to run without a PM. Watch the team trying to decide what to do by themselves. Watch the sponsor spend more time micromanaging his project. Watch the budget, schedule, scope, and quality run wild.

====================================
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was - Steven Wright

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply and feedback, really appreciate the advice you have given.

Look at those areas now and hope to make this work properly.

Thanks again

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back