Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Project Icon Disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canderel

Programmer
Apr 6, 2004
ZA
Hi, I am new here, and I hope to be a regular in due time.

I have created a project, and I've been working on it for quite a while. Now that it's nearing completion I am doing the finishing touches... such as the graphics.

I made a icon for the system tray (since it is pretty much a background app), and now I want to have that icon as my project icon too. (ie. if I view the file in explorer it should have that icon). BUT when going to project -> options -> application I find my 'load icon' button has been disabled.
1) Why, and
2) how do I get it right again?

Thanks so much

o__
,_.>/ _
(_)_\(_)_______
..speed is good

Are you using the Personal, Professional, or Developer version.

James P. Cottingham
[sup]
There's no place like 127.0.0.1.
[/sup]

I pulling at straws here, is your app an .exe or .dll?

James P. Cottingham
[sup]
[/sup]

I find it a strange thing too.

No, unfortunately a .exe

I am baffled, but at least it is not that important.

Is there any way that I can add it manually, like into the <project>.bpr.xml file? Or a makefile thing or something?

o__
,_.>/ _
(_)_\(_)_______
..speed is good

Yes, you can but I've never needed to since I've never run into this. See if they have anything about this. Use their search.

James P. Cottingham
[sup]
[/sup]

I dunno how, but I had a tough time debugging, (I had some breakpoints it never reached), so I reloaded the app alone (it used to be loaded with two other projects of similar nature), and then I could change it.

I could change both the other projects' icons though.

o__
,_.>/ _
(_)_\(_)_______
..speed is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back