Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Project Document Templates 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

elizabeth

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 1999
US
My department (IS) is working on a project to create Project Management guidelines for internal use. We're trying to start simple (and hopefully keep it simple too), so are looking for simple templates for common documents - change control, RFPs, contracts, etc. Any recommendation for a good source? TIA

Ponderworks,

I'm interested. I'm still looking for a good planning-template in MS Project. In general, I'm better off building a planning from scratch, because every project is so different that the changes costs more time.

I'm curious if your template works... It might save me some time.

My e-mail is included (a bit strange but it is really mine).

Thank you in advance,

M. BigMag, The Netherlands.
someone@euronet.nl (no kidding!)

If you don't mind, I would like to take a look at your templates as well. Let us know when you have a URL we can look at.

Thanks,

Gregg

Me too.

Thanks,
pivan

paul@mitratech.com In not now, when?
If not here, where?
If not us, who?

Just do it!!

ponderworks,

One of the things I enjoy about this site is the anonymity. There are always a few wierdos out there, not to mention vendors and recruiters that would abuse an email address. The only ways I know of that you can contact someone via tek-tips is to post to a thread that they've marked (see far upper right of thie screen) or to "comment" on a FAQ they've written (I've written a few Access FAQS). But neither way allows you to make an attachment. Uploads have been discussed as a feature a few times but I don't remember it ever happening in this forum. There is no way for you to contact an individual unless they are willing to give out their email adress, and I don't do that. If there is a web site your documents are stored on, please post the link, I'd like to take a look. Otherwise I'll be out of luck, but thank you either way.

Ok, sounds good. I will arrange to post the forms somewhere and will let all you know with a posting here. I am having the project plan template tested so that one may lag a bit. I would welcome anyone's comments on improving them.

For the others who have provided an e-mail address, I must say that I agree with Elizabeth. At the least, we all get enough spam as it is. You may want to arrange to delete your postings (if that is possible) that contain your e-mail.

I will be getting back to you within the next few days.

You can delete your posting or someone else's by clicking on the "Red Flag" option at the bottom of each post. This sends an email to the people who run the site, who can delete it for you. You can use the red flag for anything that needs deleting, such as a dupe (some people hit the submit button twice); it's not just for an offensive post that you want to get rid of.

Or, like in my case, they can erase your e-mail address. Thanks for the suggestion.

As you can see, I have a spacial "spam" e-mail.

This one is really mine for many years now (The only problem is that others sometime uses this one too(not knowing it's an existing e-mail address).

I can recommend a "spam" e-mail that really exists to every manager. You can do you research on the internet, leaving your e-mail behind (which says nothing about your company), if you come across something interesting.

It only takes a minute to delete the spam. (just use two mailboxes.)

Greetings,

Ok, here is where I found to post the forms. There is only one out there right now since I'd like to be sure it works and I am still sifting through some archives to find the others. Amazing what one accumulates over the years. So let me know if you are able to get in there alright.

Best Regards!

ponderworks....cool ...works fine.
Got any more ? :) If not now, when?
If not here, where?
If not us, who?

Just do it!!

Thanks, it will work for me!!

Gives a better view on the current status.

Greetings,

Great. Yes, it does a good job that way. I have used several different types of status reports. Eventually I'll put out there what I can find. Meanwhile, I had created a separate toolbar (macro) function so that the user can simply press a button to fill in Red, Yellow, Green in the squares provided. You might want to do that. More on the way.

et

Hi All. I have followed your thread and no one seems to have mentioned PRINCE2. Do you know of it, it stands for PRojects IN Controled Environments. It was invented by a UK Govenment Agency as a standard template for all project management in the UK. It is currently the most used PM standard.

Similar to Ponderworks I have also started to upload my PRINCE2 document templates to a Yahoo briefcase. They are in MS Word 2000 .dot templates. There is a large number of them as there is a template for almost everything.

Let me know if they are useful. I will endevor to put them all in the briefcase.

Yes. I have been through a Prince2 primer. It does appear to be largely a UK thing, though. I don't know how prevalent it is in the rest of Europe. I have never heard of it associated with US projects. I currently work for a company that is based in Belgium so they have the materials on-line tutorials, etc. right here. It is heavily based on PMBOK.

Although PRINCE2 was created in the UK, it is just a recommended template for project management, there definately isn't anything in there that is geared towards UK law or legislation, so it should be able to be used in any environment, industry or country.

That said I am starting to look at Rationals Unified Process as we use Rational Rose and UML for development and the RUP would certainly fit very tightly, but there is no reason why I couldn't use PRINCE 2 to manage an Ebusiness development.

I have put all the documents in the briefcase now along with a guide on how to use all the templates. Enjoy!

Hi NickFoard,

Your templates are great! I'm starting a project soon and PRINCE2 will be the standard, I'm primitive on PRINCE2, I just wonder if you have any intro, overview, tutorial materials that can jumpstart me on this standard?

And if available, any comparison between PRINCE2 vs PMI standards can be interesting as my study material too.

Thanks again for the templates.

nickfoard & ponderworks,
I've tried to have a look at your briefcases but they both say they are empty - I've created a yahoo account and have signed in but nothing. Sorry to bother you with this but I've never used this before so is there something I am missing?

TIA
pmrankine

I just realized that in a bid to make more money, Yahoo has restricted this feature to "premium" members only. That's why. We'll have to find a better way to share files. I shall return...

Just take a look at PRINCE 2.

I find it very usefull...

If you want some templates, let it know (I have to seek for the URL)

Start by looking at
bigmag@wanadoo.nl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back