Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Project Central Custom Install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauricemcse

Technical User
Jan 11, 2003
US
Greetings:

It is my intention to install Project Central to a Windows 2000 server. I have a T-1 connection and a symantec 100 VPN/Firewall appliance. I would like to configure the following:

- Allow some users on a different network on my floor to connect to Project Central only [for now]

- Investigate if there is any way to connect the above users through active directory.

- I will be the administrator of Project Central. I would like to create projects as a project manager but I do not want other project managers/users to see any projects not of their making. Each Project manager and respective users should only see their own projects... Not even the icon of other.

- Invesigate if projects created by different project managers get saved to unique databases. Also, can project managers be given permissions to manage their own databases?

- Based on who is connecting, I would like users of certain groups to view unique opening page.

Would these items require a custom install or can an administrator configure these features?

Any guidance on this would be appreciated greatly.

Hi,

1)I doubt it is possible for people with other network to connect to project server.

2)What do you mean by "connecting with active directory" ?

3)It is possible to only allow manger/member to view their own projects by setting the permission.

4)I think that all the projects are saved on the same database if i am not wrong. This is not very crucial.

5)Viewing unique opening pages mean ? Can you be more specific ?

Good luck :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back