Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Project Archiving in VSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
When trying to archive a project via the Administrator program I am getting a 'File not found' error on the following path 'data\w\wshaaaaa'.

Does anyone know why this file could be missing and what can be done about it ?

I don't know why it's missing, but you could try running the Analyze.exe utility to fix the problem.

I have tried the Analyze utility but it comes back reporting that the database is OK

Hi CHSM!
I had this error quite a lot times.
The fastes, best working an easiest way is to take a backup of this file (directory DATA\backup\w\wshaaaaa) and to put it back to the DATA\w - directory.

If you can't find this file in the backup- directory you will be happy to have an olde Backup of your complete Database.

The files without a suffix (such as .a or .b) are info- files to the same file with suffix, which contains the Source Safe data. These "nonsuffixfiles" store the information to which file in the VSS- DB the "suffixfile" is related to.

You can try to find out which Source Safe file your wsh.... belongs to by checking out your projects. VSS promts every file that is beeing checked out. VSS will prompt you if a file is missing. The file in the DB which schould be checked out next is the file who belongs to the wsh.....- file. You can delete this file, as the information is lost anyway. Now VSS should have no problems with the archive.

Calvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back