Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Progression Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

waltervp

IS-IT--Management
Jun 22, 2001
US
I seem to be getting this error when posting...

Progression
Error 0446 on file: IMINVTRX.BTR - Message #0446.

Does anyone know what this error message means?

Thanks!

You are getting this error when posting what? Customer Invoices? Inventory tags? Please advise exactly what youare doing. Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
251-621-8972
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Also I need what version of Macola you are on. For example 7.5.103f. Please let me know. Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
251-621-8972
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

The error occured while posting an invoice in Order Entry.

Can you make a screen shot of this error and email it to me at dgilsdorf@mnchsi.com?

Also, why are you on such an old version? That has to be 2 year old code? Do you have modified code? To confirm that you do not have modified code, click on help, about progression.

If you do not have modified code you should see nothing there. If you do, you will see a list of modules to the right of enhancements such as: SM, AR, EO, etc. Actually if you make a screen shot of this screen as well it would help. Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
251-621-8972
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Yes, the code is old but the problem just started. No the code is not modified.

Is there a list of error code explainations somewhere?

Thanks.

I am a Macola reseller and there is no list of that error on the Macola Technical Support website. Please provide me with the screen shots I asked for and I will be able to help you. Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
251-621-8972
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

The error message. Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
251-621-8972
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

The error message appears in a standard looking error dialog box with the word "Progression" in the title bar. Inside of this error dialog box appears the message:

"Error 0446 on file: IMINVTRX.BTR - Message #0446".

Then there are the "Retry" and "Cancel" buttons.

And that is it. Do you still need a screen shot?

Yes I still need it. I got the verbage of the error from your original post. I am working with Macola tech support on this for free, and they requested the screen shot.

Also I need to know what version of Btrieve/Pervasive you are on. Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
251-621-8972
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

I bellieve we are on Btrieve v6.15. I will have to wait until the error appears again to send a screen shot.

Walter,

Btrive 6.15 is an unsupported platform. Why are you on such old software? You never answered that one for me. Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
251-621-8972
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Assumming you are on a workstatin with Macola installed on it, click on Start, Programs. If you see a pervasive program group it tells you what version of Pervasive you are on.

If you do not see one you are on btrieve 6.15

Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
251-621-8972
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Okay, I have Pervasive SQL 7, which includes Btrieve 7.

OK, Cool. I am checking on this, I will not have an answer today as I have to leave now.

Please drop me an email if you get a chance.

Don Gilsdorf
Triangle Partners Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
251-621-8972
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back