Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Progression Error for most users

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewLaird

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2012
US
Hello all,

Almost all of my users are receiving the following error whenever they try to do anything in progression explorer:

Progression: Start-Up Error!
Unable to start another application
Return Code=02
File=MacExe

I have searched high and low and can't find anything about this besides a possible klez virus, which we have ruled out.

Does anyone have any experience with this or any suggestions on how to resolve?

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks,

Drew

Just an FYI to anybody that ends up having this problem - The macexe.exe file was missing - I restored it from back-up and all appears to be well.

Hello All,

Alas, I thought that my problem was fixed but apparently there is still an issue.

Today, the macola32.exe file disappeared causing my users to be unable to work. Though I am confident I will be able to get them back up and running by restoring it from back-up I am now quite concerned about what the underlying cause is.

Does anyone have any experience with disappearing executable files from the macsql directory? Last week the macexe.exe file disappeared and today macola32.exe.

My first thought is that possibly these files are being accidentally deleted by someone's virus scan software, or even worse, a virus.

If anyone has any experience or suggestions they could share with me regarding this problem it would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back