Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Progression, EDI, WMS, and pallet weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

srmEDI

Technical User
May 31, 2010
US
We need to have the pallet weight caluclated into the total weight for our BOLs (and subsequetnly on our ASNs). Has anyone done this for your customers and how?

I do not know of a way to achieve this with Macola or WMS "out of the box". It can be done with an enhamcement. If you are using WMS and packing pallets you should be able to determine the number of pallets and add 55 Lbs per pallet to the weight. If you are not using WMS, you would have to either provide a screen for the number of pallets to be entered or enter a Pallet Item to record the number of pallets.

The ultimate solution depends on your shipping process.
I thought Exact was thinking about adding this capabilty to WMS, are you on the most current WMS version?

Nick

Nick,

thanks. To my knowledge, we are (or maybe just one behind). What type of Enhancement would this require?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back