Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Progression EDI Inbound Audit Report Errors. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

srmEDI

Technical User
May 31, 2010
US
We are running Progression version 7.7.300 with the EDI Module, and Gentran Server. We receive POs from over thirty Trading Partners, and have imported over 200 seperate purchase orders at one time (but usually that is just on Monday mornings). We have one trading partner that generates a "Sold To Address Conflict." error for every PO receved on the EDI Audit Report. This partner has transmitted over 150 POs at one time. You can imagine the frustration of trying to wade through those to find actual errors. I have copied and pasted the Sold To address directy from the raw 850 purchase orders in an attempt to correct this, as that fixed the same issue with other customers in the past. But, for some reason, we still get the errors. Is there any other way to fix this?

Another issue is the processing of SAC Segments. Management does not want the system to process these; however, no matter what I do, we get an error on the Audit report. If I could get the uncompliled maps or file definitions, I would just not process that segment, but Exact doesn't allow for that. Any suggestions? It looks like, if the customer sends it, Prgression tries to process it.

Macola's inbound EDI audit report is a mess. It list every error even if they are not an issue with the actual integration. In your case the ST code is not a perfect match in the database. What I have done for clients is to create my own audit report. The EDI audit table is updated during the integration. Only the last batch of PO are included in the table. In that table you will see an error message number. You will need to link this to the System message file in the screens directory to get the Error text. Use crystal report writer to only print the messages you desire. This has worked very successfully for my clients.

As for the SAC segment issue the above method could also be used to eliminate the SAC errors from the report.

If you want to eliminate the SAC segment from the flatfile exported by Gentran you have a few choices.

You can ask Exact to build a custom map to exclude the SAC segments.

If you purchased the mapping tool when you got Gentran Server? You can create your own export template and exclude the SAC segments.

You can create a program to read the exported flat file and delete the SAC segment from the file.

I have used all three methods at one time or other to solve similar issues.

Hope this helps

Nick Avila
Platinum Edge Group

Thanx NickPEG. As it currently stands, the only viable method of working around this will be your first option. This is due to several facts...Exact owns the file definintion so that no one other than thier company can create the export file for Progression, otherwise I would have just edited the export mapping myself. As the flat file definition is proprietary, we must purchase any revised mapping, and then we only receive the .tpl. Thanks for the suggestions. I will get with my Crystal Reports guy and see what he can do.

I beleive the Macola export template is used to take a Trading Partner Specific Document and convert it into a generic dataset for import into Macola.

I beleive NikPeg's idea is right on. I have used either VB or MSAccess to edit the exported data prior to importing it into Macola.

Only item to add is can you update to the new EDI. We had a few pains, but in the long run, it delivered on the promise of being "Electronic Data". Your trading partner sounds like a food distributor.

The only monopoly that Exact has is with the creation of 810 and 856 outbound documents (and there are ways around that as well). The Export template they provide uses standard TDF format. If you have the Gentran mapping tool you can re-create this export template. If you need assistence let me know and I can provide you with tips to help you create a brand new template that will work.

If you don't have the mapping tool this should not be an expensive customized template for Exact to create.

Nick Avila
Platinum Edge Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back