Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Progression 7.7.400 on SQL - iNVENTORY MANAGEMENT and Obsolete items 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

srmEDI

Technical User
May 31, 2010
US
Trying to determine best process on handling packing changes within I/M. Many times we will have a customer request a smaller packing configuraton of an item. When this occurs, we want to mark the "old" packing configuration as obsolete, yet still have customers be able to order it and deplete the inventory.

We treat each packing configuration as a seperate item in I/M. (ex. 176cs12 and 176cs12-36) What we need to have happen is, that we can mark the "old" packing configuration as obsolete at one warehouse only, yet have customers be able to order that item until the inventory become 0.

Our problem is, that when when we mark it obsolete in the Item Master, no one can order that item. Am I missing something important?

You must have the Inactive Item flag in the OE Setup set to prevent, you could switch it to warn.

Thanks. Do you know of any way to set this up per item location?

You could mark the item as on hold in the item location for that location only. This would prevent ordering on that item in that location.

Celeste

Thanks for the advice, everyone. We are still working on this process, but we are getting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back