Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Progression 7.6.400b- VBAConnect.Init Error -2147220201 Too many files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lan101

MIS
Sep 19, 2006
US
Hello and thank you for reading my post. We are running the following:

Macola Progression 7.6.400b
Progression Flexibility Client 7.6.400
Sql Server 2000
Windows Server 2003

My problem is when entering part numbers in Order Entry the following error will come up at any time:
VBAConnect.Init
Error: -2147220201
Error Text: Too many files open.

It will then pop up a window with an abnormal cleanup warning and when you press OK it exits out of Progression.

We recently upgraded from Progression 7.6.400a to 7.6.400b and from Flex 7.6.300 to Flex 7.6.400. The upgrade went fine on pre-existing computers; however, any new computers I do an install will Progression, Flex, and the SQL Connectivity will come up with this error sporadically.

Any suggestions is much appreciated

This is similar to what happened tome a few weeks back.

Sign onto the machine(s) in question as SUPERVISOR. Go any some innocent screen that would NEVER have flex behind it, such as ship via code maintenance. Open it up and click on the Flex icon. Close it.

Then try it again. Let me know if this solves it.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Mr. DGillz,

This did not solve the problem. You have any other suggestions? I have gone through posts and found no one has spoke about vba63.dll yet. What version of vba does Flexibility 7.6.400 with Progression 7.6.400b run on? Without running vba6.msi, a new computer install with these versions of Flex and Progression will not have vba62.dll in the VBA directory, only vba.dll and vba63.dll. Should I contact Exact for a new vbaconnect to solve this problem we are having?

Thank you

When you upgraded to 76400 you should also have upgraded the Flexibility. This also includes a server update, and on every machine a Macola client install, a reboot, a Flex client install, and another reboot. Did you do all this?

Contacting Exact would be good.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Everything looks good right now and this is what I did. I copied the VBA directory from a working computer and put it in the bad computer. This gets the proper apc62.dll along with other files you will need that the vba6.msi does not install. I also copied CRUFLDA.dll and CRUFLMA.dll to the Macola Shared directory. I then registered these two dlls with regsrv32.exe to fix IC Reports since those will error out. I then installed the Progression 7.6.400B and Flex 7.6.400 and went in and executed VBA in a non-flex module like you said. So far so good.

Thank you for your help through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back