Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Progressbar help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vestax22

Programmer
Jun 18, 2003
CA
Hi, I have an operation that takes time to complete. I would like to insert a Progress bar inside my code. Can anybody tell me what I need to know to implement this. Thx

Hi There,

You can either use:

Applciation.statusbar = " Preparing For First Use "
' do stuff
Applciation.statusbar = " Preparing Tables "
etc...........

Or you can create your own progress indicator using modeless forms: You would do this by overlaying one modeless userform on top of the other and updating the colour of the form on top. I have one which looks quite neat when set up correctly.

Cheers

John

Hey John,

I was sort of looking for an already programmed progress bar. Something I could maybe activate inside the references and use.

I have a button that the user clicks on to perform a certain operation. This operation takes arround 15 seconds. I would like to incorporate a progress bar to show the user that something is happenning.

Thx

Do you want me to send you the copy i have ?

It is just a test sheet that count's the number of #N/A's in a workbook - You can amend the code to suit your application if requred.

Hey guys thx for the quick responses. Is there a way to create the progressbar without using as userform? Thx

Then you will have to use the StatusBar as JohnAcc suggested! ;-)

Peace! [peace]

Mike

Never say Never!!!
Nothing is impossible!!!

There is a way to use the progress bar that is built into excel - You have to use class modules and the programming is immense.

This is not my code ! The results are immense though - I didn't believe this was possible.

I have just tried to post the code but it is too large for the forum - I can send out the spreadsheet if anyone would like a copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back