Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Progress Bar during FTP Download

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbargsley

MIS
Nov 2, 2004
US
Hello all...

I am working on a program that downloads a file with the ChillKatFTP dll. I am trying to figure out how I can run a progress bar while the FTP download is going. The file is about 20 MB, so it will take about 5 minutes on our WAN, and I do not want my users to get resless...

Any ideas.

Garry

Find out if the ChillKatFTP dll raises any events while a download is in progress. If so, use that to update a progress bar. If not, then you're mostly out of luck -- the only thing you can do is put up an animated gif to let them know something is going on.

Chip H.

I don't see any events at all. So you're stuck with having to fake it.

Chip H.

I found a couple of file transfer AVI files, but I cannot figure out how to put it on my form and make it run over and over again until the FTP is done.

I tried an OLE and cannot figure out how to make it play and loop.

Garry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back