Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Progress Bar Colors? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnibbles

Programmer
Mar 15, 2000
CA
Is there a way to change the color of the progress bar colors and the size of the blocks in the progress bar cause they are huge and i want smaller ones and i want it to change to a certain color when it gets so high. Thanks

gnibbles
nturpin@excite.com

Write your own activeX control. You'd have properties for the minimum and maximum values, plus the number of blocks to draw for (max - min). When the current value exceeded the value needed to draw a block, you would use the .line method on the form inside a loop to draw the correct size box (don't forget to include white-space between the blocks!). Handling the colors is even easier... you decide a starting and ending color, and calculate a color increment. Every line you draw uses the new color, then increments the current color value.

Or, look through an issue of VBPJ magazine to see if someone is selling a control close to what you want.

Chip H.

I have created a progress bar today. With a little modification it can do what you want with the colours.
But it does not have blocks. It is one long continuous bar which changes colour (white to blue) - I prefer this look over the traditional blocks.
If you want it, send me an e mail to swilliams@paragon.bm

Simon

I mail you a smooth progressbar i found a week ago
ICET

I have now added the colour properties to my own control, so if you want this sample, again send me an email - address in previous post.

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back