Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programs stops responding in win 98SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gemsbok

Technical User
Apr 11, 2003
ZA
Last week I reinstalled Windows98 on my PC. Everything was working fine untill I tried to run a program. It started the program...everything was working for about 10 seconds and then it stopped responding. I was however able to move my mouse around.

Bit more detail would be useful (eg, which program, do other programs work ok). Also, why did you reinstall 98 (may have some bearing on current problem)

Just seen your other post - you may have a hardware problem (have you got another graphics card you could try - as that seems obvious first approach as display problems).

I thought it was a display problem too - ran a benchmark program of nvidia and it worked fine. Reason i reinstalled win 98 - i formatted my drive...load of rubish on it.

sorry, got no other graphics card

Have you loaded updated mother board drivers, especially if this is a VIA chipset board,including enabling DMA mode for your drives.... that would be my first step

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back