Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming VBA / VB for Macola 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob7

Programmer
Dec 12, 2001
US
I have been wondering about this for a while. Some of you other programmers have said that instead of using the Macola ojects for connection (ERS) you are using ADO. I like ADO but wonder about the connection. Since there are a number of ways to connect though ADO, (DSN-less, DSN and OLEDB with DSN tags) which one is the best way considering the nearly infinit ways that SQL can be configured for security?

Thanks,

Rob

And you don't want to use the forced demand pull fuctionality to create the production order from customer orders? This will create either shop floor or POP orders at Order Entry time and then you go in and manage them in either POP or Shop Floor.

Cytec Corporation
rbrown@cyteccorp.com

Are you running Shop Floor Control or POP production?

Cytec Corporation
rbrown@cyteccorp.com

dasolution: since you don't know the macola tables involved in the order generation process & since I am unclear about what orders you are trying to create, I believe you should rethink what you are trying to accomplish. Work order creation is indeed automatic if the items are pp/pull. What is the point of creating outside macola if you are going to produce inside macola? Are you using inventory? There is no point to reinvent the programs you already own. Automatic work order creation creates the captured bill, captured cost & updates all the necessary macola files.

Purchase orders can be automatically created from inventory reorder advice or MRP processes.

EDI upload can do all the necessary order entry updates. I'd have to look up the pricing, but it would cost FAR FAR less than your attempt to write a VB app without the database knowledge such a project requires.

I actually just finished a very large import like this. The client was getting some CSV files electronically every day from one of its customers. I wrote a MS Access application to import these to automatically create the customer order and production order.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back