Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming VBA / VB for Macola 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob7

Programmer
Dec 12, 2001
US
I have been wondering about this for a while. Some of you other programmers have said that instead of using the Macola ojects for connection (ERS) you are using ADO. I like ADO but wonder about the connection. Since there are a number of ways to connect though ADO, (DSN-less, DSN and OLEDB with DSN tags) which one is the best way considering the nearly infinit ways that SQL can be configured for security?

Thanks,

Rob

I am on MSSQL. But I can try this on PSQL as well. I have never had this sort of situation in either database.

Rob

I think you can retrieve the username from an MSSQL connection but not from the Progression ver. So far that is my experience.

Rob7,

I have looked and looked through my old notes and can not find the solve for when this was occuring. I do know that it happened once to me and if I recall it was a version of some macola deployed file.

I would suggest getting ahold of Toree at macola (their vb guru) and have her fix it. I know she fixed this quickly for me.

Andy

Andy Baldwin

vbajock,abaldwin,
I was able to dig up some old code where I had used the ERS5 oject in a connection string. Here it is:

DataPath = "DB=" + macForm.ConnInfo.BtrPath
connString = "Driver=" & _
"{Macola 32-Bit Btrieve (*.dta)};" & _
"DFE=BTR;AS=4096;" & DataPath

So actually, there isn't a need for the username in this instance and my guess is that in the PSQL environment, there may not be a value for this part of the object. It is important in the MSSQL environment, specially if you are using Windows authentication to log onto SQL and have defined Roles associated with sign ons.
This may not be a glitch after all, but I will ask Tori if she has other information.

Rob

Cytec Corporation
rbrown@cyteccorp.com

Good point, I do remember vaguely that because the user name property is not used in a P.SQL environment then it may be blank.

I will try this on my laptop when I return home. I have the p.sql environment there but not at work.

Andy

Andy Baldwin

I may be beating a dead horse here, but I just wanted to assure everyone that your findings were in fact correct. The "ConnInfo.BtrPath" property is the only ConnInfo Object property that holds a value in a PSQL (btrieve) environment. PSQL does not require, nor use, passwords for data access other than network access rights.

The other values in the ConnInfo Object are updated in MSSQL environments as stated earlier in this thread. If you wish to retrieve the Macola user name and/or password of a user in a btrieve environment you can use the MacForm.UserName and MacForm.Password properties. These values are the same values used by the user when logging in to Macola. However, please note, that as stated earlier these values are not required for database access, but can be useful at other times.

Now as I recall, in the original version of Flexibility the ConnInfo Object did not work properly, but I wouldn't imagine that anyone is going to be still running Macola 7.5.200 anymore.

Scott Travis::)

oops! when you entering new order and you press F5 autoamtically generate new order number
Does anyone knows how to simulate the F5 key in vba to get the new order number

I'm working in macola-sql and i want to create a new order number from outsite of macola.
Does anyone knows how to to do that in vba

Why do you want to do this? There is an auto-increment number in Macola as you know with F5.

Cytec Corporation
rbrown@cyteccorp.com

First let me thanks fro anwer my questions, is good to shared information I'm really not an expert in Macola, but I was dealing with it for a while. I discover this forum, and looks very good to me. My english is not very good, so I think I did not explain me correctly
I want to do that because I will make a massive import into macola. that is why I want to know what macola do to increase the number. If is just increase the number from the setup file or maybe is another thing and maybe someone has already somenthing.

The oectlfil gives the next available order # in the generic macola app. If you use this function, you will have to lock the oectlfil while you do your import so that no other macola user can obtain the same order # you are assigning to your imported orders.

To add to what MacolaHelp said, you then need to set the next order number in the OE set up screen so that the F5 function can be carried out.

Cytec Corporation
rbrown@cyteccorp.com

I will do a massive import to macola from vb to create different orders at the same time
Does anyone knows in what order and what tables I need to populate?

If these are open orders (non invoiced) you will have to update the OEORDHDR, OEORDLIN, IMINVLOC, IMINVTRX, possibly the IMBINTRX and or IMLSTRX. The last two if the items are binned and or serial or lotted. And I can't find it, but I think there is an order build file.

If these are invoiced, there are a lot more files.

Hey, forum, did I miss anything?

Cytec Corporation
rbrown@cyteccorp.com

The creation of orders opens MANY files including those related to feature/options, kits, potentially production orders if pp/pull, etc. If this application isn't already written, I would suggest thinking about purchasing the EDI module to integrate in a flat file & let macola do all the file updating. I have a customer who uses this method already & can steer you toward some resources.

This import is to create an order
what about the IMORDBLD, POORDLIN, POORDHFR and PPORDFIL tables?

I guess it depends on what kind of order you are creating. If you are creating a Purchase Order, then the tables will be completely different from a customer (OE) order.

Cytec Corporation
rbrown@cyteccorp.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back