Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming to make an extension accessible externally NEAX 2400 IPX

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenerie

Technical User
Mar 3, 2010
US
I have an individual with a 4-digit extension that has never needed to receive calls from the outside. Now they do. I went into our NEC MAT software and ran the ASDT command thinking that a call restriction was probably setup to limit the access to this extension, but that was not the case. Her RSC is set to 1 (Un-restricted).

I am painfully new to the telecom world. Any suggestions on the correct process? THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Do you use auto attendant? Does the user have a mailbox?

The user has always had a voice-mail mailbox.

Does the 4-digit extension fit with in your dialing plan as a DID number?

If you have DID numbers assigned to your station and the last 4 meet the ext number, then you have to do nothing. If the DID number is different from the ext, then use the APHN and use mode 1. This will translate the DID to the Ext and allow it to ring there. If you do not have DID's then You need to use an Auto Attendent to get the calls to her without the use of someone else transfering them to her.

Phillip E. Porter
Senior Systems Engineer
Telecommunication Solutions Group, Inc. (TSG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back