Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming Mode on CICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

franto

Vendor
Jan 26, 2006
US
Have a customer who has a CICS and whenever you attempt to enter programming (Feature **266344) the phone set reboots. Tryed this on multiple sets and also verified the wiring. Also attempted (Feature **STARTUP) and got the same thing. The soft programming still works (Feature *1, *2, *3, *0). Any suggestions?

Hi franto,
I'm not sure of your knowledge level so please don't be offended, but doing Feature**STARTUP will wipe all programming. If this is what you want then first you must power down the CICS then power it back up and Feature**STARTUP must be done within the first few minutes(could be longer, maybe 15-20 mins. Someone correct me if I'm wrong). I've seen many posts concerning bad software as well. If you could find out your software level and post it that would help.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than to have a frontal lobotomy

Just wondering if you resolved this franto. I also wanted to ask if you had insured your amphenol cable was secured to the unit.
Thanks,
John

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than to have a frontal lobotomy

Sounds like either the s/w is bad or the mother board(KSU). The feature **startup 266344 is the right to default software. If you still have problems it's the above discription.

I would check to see if you are getting enough power to the KSU.... possible power problem may cause the system to restart...

I had a customer's KSU restart everytime they started up the copy machine... go figure...

NTL555

Did verify the amphenol, even went as far as to plug new one into system and onto another 66 block with a single station punched down. Installing new software today to see if problem resolves. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back