Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

programming merlin magix w/ voicemail 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve000

Technical User
Sep 7, 2014
US
Ok Hello all,
my system
My system Information

PROCESSOR CKE5 MAGIX 3.0 V7.0
(1) 412 LS-TDL
(1) 800 GL-ID
(1) MERLIN MESSAGING 3.0.2
I HAVE 4 STATIONS AND 4 TRUCK LINES 1 IS A FAX/ CREDIT CARD MACHINE
CURRENTLY THE SYSTEM IS IN KEY MODE.

What I want to is have a auto Attn answer after 1 ring. I a want message to saying something like "thank you for calling my company please press 1 for account billing please press 2 for sales press 3 for tech help etc.
if a caller press 3 for tech and no one answer at that station (11) I want to callers be able to leave a message or be transfer call back to try a live person.

I want all 3 trunk lines to ring a all 4 stations.

I would like to have some way to track all incoming calls each day via caller id and be able to print

I want the caller information to come up on each work station cpu screen

I DONT UNDERSTAND THE MANUEL ON HOW TO PROGRAM ALL THIS PLEASE HELP THANK YOU !!

As you can see the Merlin Magix is not a user friendly phone system. It would take too much time to try to guide you through how to set all this on a forum like this. You should do one of two things. Contact a local vendor to assist you or find someone who is willing to dial into the system remotely for you and program it that way. You will have to pay for this, but it will save you hours and hours of time.

but I would rather do the programming can't someone at least get me started and or give me help understanding the manuel

What I want to is have a auto Attn answer after 1 ring.
I want all 3 trunk lines to ring a all 4 stations.
These are contradictory statements.

You need to better define the call flow. An incoming call is received.....

Are the phones silent, and the automated attendant answers, plays a message, the caller picks an extension, and then only that specific extension rings

-OR-

All of the phones ring. If no one answers for X number of rings, then the automated attendant answers, the caller picks an extension, and then that specific extension rings.

Once a call is ringing at a specific extension, that extension's mailbox will answer if the user does not. That mailbox can tell the caller to press 0 to return to the automated attendant and make another selection. You have to change the "personal operator" setting in each mailbox to accommodate this.

The system has a SMDR port that will spit out on-the-fly call information, including the incoming caller id, the line, the extension that answered (which might be the voicemail port that answered if the auto attendant took the call), the time and date and the duration of the call. This SMDR port is a serial port, and it's up to you to find a software program that can take this information, sort and format it for your purposes.

A screen pop on the work station's cpu based on the incoming caller id? On a Legend? Good luck with that one!!!!!

This is why you need to find a qualified programmer who is familiar with your systems, and can translate your wants to what is actually possible.

For what it is worth, I am a forty year veteran with almost 50 years in dealing with phone systems. I just did a simple change on a Magix and it took a month for me to work out the kinks. You are asking way too much. Believe me, if I can't figure it out you sure as heck will never get it right. No offense. Take the advice and get someone to do it for you or get rid of that system and buy a more user friendly system and voice mail. Panasonic is probably the easiest to program, but even then to understand this work takes years of working in it. If you can't understand the manual and to be honest neither can I, I just don't know how it will happen for you without hours and hours of trial and error programming. Really, get someone who has phone knowledge to help you out.

Of course, Biased old me would say to KEEP THE LEGEND/MAGIX, 'cause they work so well. Yes, there's a heck of a learning curve, but TTT is taking him down the right path. The difficult part is knowing just what to ask for. That being said, we've helped many others with much more complex issues than this one. Some of us can even be contacted directly, which is handy considering these were designed for remote programming.

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

THIS IS HOW I WOULD LIKE THE SYSTEM TO WORK

All of the phones ring. If no one answers for X number of rings, then the automated attendant answers, the caller picks an extension, and then that specific extension rings.

Once a call is ringing at a specific extension, that extension's mailbox will answer if the user does not. That mailbox can tell the caller to press 0 to return to the automated attendant and make another selection. You have to change the "personal operator" setting in each mailbox to accommodate this.

Let's assume that you've got the Messaging system working, and that you dial 770 to reach it. Assume that you've managed to create mailboxes for the extensions, and that the mailboxes answer after the phone goes unanswered for 3 rings. (If you don't already have that much set up, post back)

Assign the lines that you want to be answered by the automated attendant to Calling Group 791

Extensions→ or More→Grp Calling→Line/Pool→
Dial Calling Group ext. no (791) .→Enter→Dial line/trunk no.→Enter→
Back→Back→Back

Set Calling Group 791 to Overflow to Calling Group 770

Extensions→ or More→Grp Calling→Overflow→
Dial Calling Group ext. no. (791)→Enter→Dial overflow ext. no.(770)→
Enter→Number Based Overflow→Drop→Dial no. of calls
(1-99) (Use 99 here) →Enter→Time Based Overflow→Drop→
Dial no. of seconds(0-900) (Use 5 seconds per ring here) →Enter→Prompt Based Overflow→
Select Yes or No→Enter→Back→Back→Back

Log into the Merlin Messaging system administrator's mailbox, 9 for Programming, 3 for Extensions.

791# for mailbox 791
3 to assign an automated attendant to it
1 for automated attendant number 1
6 to create it WITHOUT an associated phone

If you call 791 from a telephone, you should hear it ring for the number of seconds that you set in the overflow, then the automated attendant should answer. If you call into one of your lines that is assigned to Calling Group 791, it should ring on the phones as normal, and after the same number of seconds, the automated attendant should answer.

Log into a mailbox, select option 4 for Personal Operator. Set it to 791. Because mailbox 791 was created WITHOUT an associated phone, 0-out from a mailbox should transfer to the automated attendant right away.

to access voicemail I dial 7929 the system starts with station 10 .......10 and 14 are the programming stations I hope that helps!

thank you all for helping me..... I love to learn !!

Well then, follow the instructions posted above, except where it says to dial 770, dial 7929 instead.

the information above is using the 4424ld+ at station 10 right ?

hello all i am trying to dial in from my house to program my system

i am using the following

compaq presario R3000
winSPM 9.0

When it connects it ask for a password (i know the password) but no window pops up to enter the password HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back