Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBenjaBear

Programmer
Feb 10, 2003
US
I recently receieved a BCM 3.6. It was upgraded from an earlier release to the current platform. I have set my dip switched and assigned my bus positions for the following. 3 DTI cards located on buses 7,6 and 5 respectively. I have a 2 port 32dsi (not a plus) set for bus 2 and 3. I have a FEM module to occupy bus 4. The 3 DTI's are located in the left hand slots of the main cabinet from top to bottom 7,6,5. The 32DSI is located in the expansion shelf as is the FEM. I am logging in using ee_admin and the password PlsChgMe!. I cannot get into any telephony programming. I get a message that says" telephony programming is not available at this time". I get a similar message trying to login through the Wizards. It acts like there is no RAM(?) to load the overlays. Anytthing that requires programming whether in telephony services or diagnostics gets me the same error. Any ideas???? I am banging my head at this point...looking to get set-up for a 6oo pm conference call to cutover the system tonight.

Feel free to call my cell 504 261-7190 and I will call back from a land line.

Ben Crawford
New Orleans, LA

Ben Crawford
BAC3 Communications
New Orleans, LA
225 315-8822

Ben,
Did you ever get the answer? Could you post it for the rest of us?
Thank you

NARSBARS

I'm having the same exact problem right now. Wondering if anyone came up with a solution..

Sounds like a problem with either the PEC cards or the MSC. Try to take these items out and re-seat them. Also, give Nortel a call. When I had this problem recently on our 3.6, Nortel had to go in and clear the logs via VNC to get the PEC cards to work right.

Are the 10 Green LED's Flashing?

as long as they are flashing you can't do and Telephony programming. On the 3 BCM 1000's I had that did this it was the motherboard with bad Capasitors and 3 BCM 400's I had to replace the Base function tray that had Bad Capasitors.

I had this happen to a system once. After trying everything else, I had to power the system down (with help from ITAS) I pulled and reseated the PEC cards, then powered the system back up and it restored. Apparently, I had a poorly seated PEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back