Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming IP Office TAPI - Set "Do Not Disturb"

Status
Not open for further replies.

snelders8

Programmer
Jun 2, 2004
AU
I'm trying to write a little application that just sets the status of "Do Not Disturb" on the line using the IP Office TAPI (version 2.1 or 3), with Visual Basic 6 or .NET.

I have no TAPI programming experience (just a few hours reading up on it now) and most of the samples I have come across are for C++ or only show how to read the settings. I have the AVAYA IP Office 2.0 SDK but it doesn't help getting me started.

Can someone show me how to set DND on the line via the TAPI, or even a sample/explanation of simple TAPI programming (not many good beginner resources on the Net), preferably in VB but other languages OK.

Thanks,
Jason Snelders

Hi If you require further information you should subscribe to the dev connect program @ avaya.com

Use the lineDevSpecific function in TAPI as follows:

char buf[6];
buf[0] = 9;
buf[1] = 67;
buf[2] = '2';
buf[3] = '0';
buf[4] = '1';
buf[5] = 0;

lineDevSpecific(hLine,0,NULL,buf,6);

This will switch call barring on for extension 201. Obviously you should replace '2', '0' and '1' with the digits of the extension you wish to enable barring on.

To switch call bar off use the following:

char buf[6];
buf[0] = 9;
buf[1] = 68;
buf[2] = '2';
buf[3] = '0';
buf[4] = '1';
buf[5] = 0;

lineDevSpecific(hLine,0,NULL,buf,3);

Hope this helps

ipo.gif

There is also a small memory leak, which has been addressed by a software update.

Let me know how you go..

ipo.gif

Hi. Thanks for the info, it's pushed me on the right track.

I'm beginning to understand what to do now and I'm playing with the the lineDevSpecific function at the moment (not much success yet though). Luckily I found a couple of VB TAPI sample programs to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back