Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming Intercom for 2616K

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakatz

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2005
US
Our executive secretary has a 2616K module with some programmed intercom buttons already (programmed by our previous PBX guru) . . .

The button in LD 20 read as "29 DIG 5 5 R" (where 20 is the button number.) Note that there are three other intercom buttons, beginning with "32 DIG 2 5 R" and I do not not see an association in the programming with the set the intercom button would be communicating with.

Is it just a matter of creating a matching "DIG # 5 R" button (as all of the "intercom" buttons appear to have the "5" before the "R"), both on the 2616 set and the 2616K module or is there something more complex that needs to be done?

DIG = Dial Intercom Group
5 5 R = Group 5, Member 5, Ring.

Memeber numbers can not be duplicated.

If you want to create a new group:

DIG YY ZZ R YY=group ZZ= member
or add to an existing group same way just give her a unique member number.

the way it reads out is:
xx DIG yyyy zz R/V
Dial Intercom Group key
Where:
• yyyy = group number, from 0-2045.
• zz = member number from 0-99. The zz value
cannot be equal to or share the first digit of a 2
digit number with the SPRE code. For example,
if SPRE = 1, zz cannot be 1, 10, 11...19.
• R = Ring option
• V = Voice option
Must have maximum number of Dial Intercom Groups
DGRP defined in LD 15.
If any member in a group has a two-digit member
number, then all members have a two-digit number.
The system adds leading zeros to other entries.

in your case, 29(key) DIG(dial intercom group) 5(group number) 5(member number) R(ringing option).
The only correlation your 2 examples have are they both happen to have the same member number applied but are in 2 different groups.
If you are looking to have a DIG betweeen the 2616 and the 2616k, they have to have to be part of the same DIG group.

LD 20
REQ: prt
TYPE: dig
CUST 0
DGRP 5 or leave blank and it will print all groups in system

strange that all the dig's are ext 5.. they can't call each other.. of course the r is for repeated ring as opposed to one ring then auto-answer.. a dig is usually

key x dig 7 5 r

then on other sets in that dept

key x dig 7 6 r

those two people can call each other (single digit). usually here we use dig 20 21 v through dig 20 xx v. and we try to match the last two digits of the dn... my ext is 4940, my dig is key x dig xx 40 v

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

KEY TYPE GRP MBR R/V

29 DIG 5 5 R
32 DIG 2 5 R

So there are at least 2 Groups on this phone and to make it easy they made it member 5 in both groups.

What is it you want to do?????

I need to add a new Intercom key to a new 2616 set and add that intercom to the executive secretary's 2616K. What I seem to be noticing (and don't yet seem to understand), is that although on the 2616K module, key 30 is defined as "DIG 4 5 R", the set that key 30 intercom's to is "TN 3-1" -- when I do a PRT of TN 3-1, key 02 on TN 3-1 is programmed as "DIG 3 6" -- how is it that "DIG 3 6" corresponds "DIG 4 5 R" (key 30), on the 2616K module? And for that matter, how do you program them on each end properly?

the 2616k is part of DIG 4 as member 5. on the new 2616 you can add key xx DIG 4 x(unsued member number) r. both phones will be part of the same DIG group and can now communicate with each other via the DIG key and entering the corresponding member num,ber of the personthey want to speak with.

if the 2616k serves as an executive secretary, is it possible that it has several DIG key configured? ie key 29 DIG 4 5 R, KEY 30 DIG 5 5 R, KEY 31 DIG 4 5 R, etc. if this is the case there are several users configured to intercom to the 2616k and all are part of different DIG's and they dont correspond to each other but just the 2616k (secretary).

DIG's have no relationship to TN's other then they are on a phone and are in the same group.

29 DIG 5 5 R
32 DIG 2 5 R

These 2 DIG's have no relationship to each other but
dig 5 5 R is related to other 5 x R groupsand

2 5 R is related to other 2 x R groups.

x = usually 2-9, 12-19, 22-29 depending on how many users are in a group.

4-5 can NOT talk to 3-6
they are in different intercom groups.

If you want to put a new intercom on the phone, go to ld 81,
do a
LST on DIG and find a vacant number.
let's say it's 15...

Then on the secretary's phone your are going to program:

KEY XX DIG 15 5 R

On the Boss's phone:

KEY XX DIG 15 Y R <-- Y being any number other than 5

after re-reading your original post.. the ex sec has an icm for several departments.. strange setup.. i would print each of those digs to see how many users are in each dig..

i've seen set ups like that where the in house builds an elobarate work around but then no one uses it.. i removed a rolm where every phone had 5 or 6 ring downs.. might have been a great idea at one time, but after moving phones and changing dn's for a decade, 80 percent of them did not work and the rest were not used..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Good advice and possibly not a bad idea to reprogram all of the intercom members the proper way.

John . . . You suggest printing the DIG's to see how many are in each one. Can you give me a step-by-step on how to go about doing that?

Thanks,

Jeff

ld 20
prt
dig

dgrp xx

then return, that will give you a list of tn's and dig members

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I think everyone including myself don't understan the orignal question. can you tell use what it is that your trying to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back