Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

programming ? How to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abovebrd

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2000
US
I have recently been called upon to support a Lucent Merlin phone switch in my corporate offices. I am not familiar with the programming functionality of the switch. Is there an interface program that is needed for programming?&nbsp;&nbsp;Or can I program the switch from one of the phone sets. Can any refer me to a phone number or web site where I can obtain information and / or training on the Merlin phone switch?<br><br>I would like to find the simplest way to program speed dialing.<br><br>Any thoughts<br>

Merlin Legend Systems are programed from a MLX20L system console or a program called SPM (there are DOS and Windows versions available.) Some features can be programed from the telephone set by dialing codes. The Legend system is currently at release 7, you should contact Lucent or Avaya Communications (a Lucent spin-off that will manufacture and sell PBX equipment)for the correct documentation and version of SPM.<br>

There are also manuals available for your system at They are $20/downloaded set and are in PDF format. Got the set for my Legend V2.0 and have been invaluable to me since I am new at the programming game for this system.
Any specific questions, let me know.
Frank Kiehner

I just aquired a Lucent Legend System, I taped into it with hyperterminal and an RS 232. doesnt seem like there is much I can do there. I have the customer documention manual, but it doesnt seem to have alot of info on programming the MLX20L Phone. I really dont have a great understanding of phone systems, I work mostly on computers. The things I would really really like to know how to do, or even how to get into the phone to program. How to reset a users password if they forgot it, I know how to change the time on the MLX, but the Voice mail is saying a different time. I would like to change that. And also, how to enable people to use voicemail from outside the building. I know this is alot of questions, but if you can tell me what documention I need to do some real programming on MLX20L. I have cust documentation on 6.1 and 7.1. Also I dont have the SPM software, I think things would be alot easier with that. I am wondering if there is any place to download it on the net?

The SPM software is now available from a company called &quot;Exponet&quot; at 1-800-247-7000. It costs $103 a copy. There's actually next to nothing you can do with SPM you can't do from a MLX20 phone on the programming port, it's just easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back