Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming for 10 Number Dialing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkjones

IS-IT--Management
Mar 30, 2001
US
Cheers,

Here in Massachusetts, our local phone company now wants us to dial ten digits for local phone numbers. How do we set up our Definity systems to treat these local phone numbers complete with area codes as local calls?

Thanks,

Kyle

This is what I did last year with the same situation.

I had to find out what prefixes were considered local and long distance. You can obtain this from the phone book or try to obtain a list from your local carrier.

In the ars table I directed all 7 digit dialed numbers to a RHNPA table. In the RHNPA there are 2 route patterns to choose from depending on the prefix. (Local or Long Distance) I built 2 route patterns: One that would add the area code for local calls and one that would add 1+ the area code for long distance calls.

This is what I did but there may be a different way. Hope it helps.

1. ch ars ana x
2. inter the new local first # in the dialed string field
in the total min and max inter 10 in the max feild and 7 in the min
3. assign the same rout ptn as the normal local calls group.
i did that long time ago when the PTT assinged new local areas with 9 digits localy and it is working.
hop this will help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back