Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Programming exchange 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

redprana

Technical User
Oct 17, 2001
GB
How do I set up the exchange on a meridian system so I can have a greeting along the lines off

for a press b now
for c press d now
for e press f now

whenever an outside caller dials our switchboard line and the switchboard does not answer, I tried the manual, but that only explains how to set up an extensions mailbox.

For Norstar Voice Mail, you must set up single digit choices with a CCR tree. Set the number of rings, which lines and which greetings to use in the AA area. The initial greeting for the CCR is done at path 0 in the tree. Each digit choice is a 'path' in the tree and must be set as info boxes, transfer points etc. Remember to disable the CCR tree you wish to use in AA first or your programming won't take. I havn't done this particular applictation on an M1 w/Mermail yet so am unable to help if you do not have a Norstar with Norstar Voice Mail. If you are unsure of which system you have go to the wiring closet and look at the cabinet(s). If it(they) are slate grey that is the Nortel color, and if the cabinet has one single access door that opens out and hinges down with two catches upper right and left then you have an M1 option of some kind. If the access doors open left to right then it is you have a Norstar. Phones for Norstar may say Meridian or Norstar and the model numbers for Norstar are 7100, 7208, 7310 & 7324.

Hope this helps.
Darroch

Its a norstar startalk 180 system. The jist of my query is how to access the options for the exchange (ie the ccr's etc) as the manual seems to only deal with the handsets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OK.

Feature 983

PWD: 1020000 (for 3 digit DNs)
120000 (for 2 digit DNs)

Then you will be in the screen for Mbox Adm, AA, and Greetings. Be sure to use an M7310 or an M7324 to do this programming. The above access code should be in the administrators book. If you can't get in using the above there is a recovery password to reset the Adm Pwd.
If you wish, E me direct at tisvcs@yahoo.com. If you need parts of manuals, I'll send them if I can zip them small enough for my account at Yahoo to att.

Darroch

If your intent is just to announce a few extension numbers--for John Smith, press 222, etc.--you may be satisfied with the AA greeting and avoid using a CCR tree, which can require a non-trivial amount of learning and experimentation.

Though CCRs are an immense help in some situations requiring such customization, most small businesses use the simple AA approach satisfactorily.

The AA greeting is F983, AA, Greeting, etc.

Best,
Mike

Thanks for the help, it seems I will be going down the CCR route, so I guess its just a matter of experimentation.

Hi,
I am getting into the same sort of project and am rather unexperienced in the field. I have been trying to have AA answer and direct calls to extensions or to reception, but the phone simply rings continuously. I would rather just use the simplist option, which I think would be AA and not CCR, but I'm unsure. Does anyone know of a website that might list the instruction set necessary to complete my task? My manuals here don't seem to get into the detail I need.

Hi,
I am getting into the same sort of project and am rather unexperienced in the field. I have been trying to have AA answer and direct calls to extensions or to reception, but the phone simply rings continuously. I would rather just use the simplist option, which I think would be AA and not CCR, but I'm unsure. Does anyone know of a website that might list the instruction set necessary to complete my task? My manuals here don't seem to get into the detail I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back